Should The Vessel at Hudson Yards be considered a park?
On No Park Left Unturned, we’ve been checking out a lot of parks. But what, exactly, is a “park”? We use the controversial example of The Vessel, a relatively new structure in lower Manhattan mired in numerous controversies, to discuss how to define parks.
- McNulty, Frederick. “Exploring Fort Wadsworth.” No Park Left Unturned from Mieum Media. https://mieummedia.com/2022/01/17/exploring-fort-wadsworth/
- Hudson Yards. “The Vessel.” https://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/discover/vessel
- CBS News, “The Vessel in NYC closed after 3rd suicide at tourist attraction.” https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-vessel-closed-3rd-suicide-new-york-city/
- Tully, Shawn. Fortune. “This Monument Could Be Manhattan’s Answer to the Eiffel Tower.” https://fortune.com/2016/09/14/stephen-ross-eiffel-tower-hudson-yards/
- Dictionary.com. “Park.” https://www.dictionary.com/browse/park