Port Jefferson’s annual Charles Dickens Festival led us straight to Harborside Park and Centennial Park.
Every year, Port Jefferson in Long Island throws a Charles Dickens Festival, plunging the small village into an old-timey holiday-themed celebration reminiscent of the author’s seminal work, A Christmas Carol. It was a jolly good time.
- Leaden, Claire. (Nov 22, 2021). Secret NYC. “This Town Near NYC Magically Transforms Into Old English Village For Annual Dickens Festival.” https://secretnyc.co/charles-dickens-festival-ny/
- Aaron, Marc. DoggySaurus. “What Does Curb Your Dog Mean?” https://doggysaurus.com/what-does-curb-your-dog-mean/
- The Village of Port Jefferson. “Dicken’s [sic] Festival.” https://portjeff.com/dickens/
- The Village of Port Jefferson. “Jeanne Garant Harborfront Park.” https://portjeff.com/harborfront-park/
- The Village of Port Jefferson via The Internet Archive. “Harborfront Park.” https://web.archive.org/web/20140226160240/http://www.portjeff.com/facilities/village-center/harborfront-park
- Bring Fido. “Port Jefferson Public Beach and Dog Park.” https://www.bringfido.com/attraction/20544
- Wikimedia Commons. “File:Seal of Nassau County, New York.svg.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Seal_of_Nassau_County,_New_York.svg
- Wikimedia Commons. “File:Suffolk County ny seal.png.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suffolk_County_ny_seal.png
- Wikimedia Commons. “File:LIRR_logo.svg.” https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:LIRR_logo.svg